Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE MOST INFLUENTIAL GAME REVIEW OUTLETS

EEDAR (Electronic Entertainment Design and Research) published the following infographic based on a recent study among HD console owners (i.e PS3 and/or  Xbox 360 owners). The purpose was to find out how influential game review outlets were on gamers' decision making to purchase a game or not. Infographics are among my favorite methods to report data. Check out the aesthetically pleasing results below:


GameSpot (who is probably my first and foremost resource when checking video game reviews) was the most influential. Next in line were GameInformer and IGN (probably the next two I typically consult). The findings seem pretty accurate to me personally. How do they match up to the outlets you look at?

I found the states breakdown to be particularly interesting. What do you think of the survey's results?

Source: GameInformer

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Kotaku, Game Informer, Game Trailers guy. That is in descending order :) I think more people should be on Kotaku personally. You can basically discuss things with the poster of the content too. Another thing I like is that it isn't strictly video games; I enjoy being a well-rounded nerd, so Kotaku suits me.

    ReplyDelete